- Angry Crab Shack Donates More Than $87,500 To Arizona Housing CoalitionPosted 3 hours ago
- Ability360 Receives $40,000 Quality Of Life Grant From Christopher & Dana Reeve FoundationPosted 3 hours ago
- JDRF Arizona Chapter Appoints New Executive DirectorPosted 4 hours ago
- Junior League Of Phoenix Foundation Announces Its 2019 Community Education & Wellness Mini-GrantsPosted 2 days ago
- Valley Of The Sun Active 20-20 Club Donates $109K To Children’s Charities Across Metro PhoenixPosted 5 days ago
- International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. Raises $11,000 In Annual Backpack DrivePosted 6 days ago
Johnny Lang Brings the Blues to Chandler
Chandler Center for the Arts will open their 28th season with Grammy Award-winning blues artist, Jonny Lang, on July 21.
“We wanted to start the 28th season early and Jonny Lang is a great way to begin,” said Michelle Mac Lennan, general manager of the Chandler Center for the Arts. “This year’s lineup of performances will bring new genres, new audiences and will continue to deliver shows of the highest artistic merit.”
Lang released his debut album, “Lie to Me,” in 1997, when he was just 15 years old. The album charted on the Billboard 200, and his single with the same name reached the No. 12 spot on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Songs chart.
He released several more successful albums over the years, including “Wander This World” and “Turn Around.” “Turn Around,” won Lang a Grammy Award for Best Rock Gospel Album in 2007. His most recent effort, “Fight For My Soul,” was released in 2013 and reached the No. 2 spot on the Top Christian Albums chart, and the No. 50 spot on the Billboard 200 chart.