- Desert Financial Awards $47,500 In Scholarships To 15 StudentsPosted 1 day ago
- Arizona Community Foundation And Donors Distribute $65 Million In 2019 Fiscal YearPosted 2 days ago
- UMOM Announces $1.1 Million Grant From Bob & Renee Parsons FoundationPosted 3 days ago
- Ballet Arizona To Receive $30K From National Endowment For The ArtsPosted 3 days ago
- Charity Provides Furniture To 500th Family Moving Out Of HomelessnessPosted 3 days ago
- Heroes At Heart Coffee & Tea Launches To Benefit First Responders of Phoenix Metro & 100 Club Of AZPosted 3 days ago
Dig Out the Prom Dress
The East Valley Women’s League is collecting new and gently-used prom dresses and accessories at locations in Ahwatukee, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe to be given away for free during the 15th annual Cinderella Affair. Accessories including shoes, evening bags and costume jewelry also are accepted, and Cinderella Affair organizers are in particular need of larger-sized dresses.
This year, the dresses will be given away to juniors and seniors with valid IDs on March 26, April 2 and 9 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the EVWL’s permanent location at 411 N. McKemy in Chandler.
Last year, nearly 1,300 dresses were given away to students from throughout the Valley and around the state.
“The biggest part of the Cinderella Affair is making the girls feel special,” said East Valley Women’s League President Christina McNamara. “It’s more than a dress and an outfit for one night. We’re there to help these young women find the perfect dress, give them hugs and tell them how pretty they look.
Since the Cinderella Affair first launched in 2002, more than 9,000 dresses have been given away.
OPEN THE FRONT DOOR TO Cinderella Affair