- Frontdoors Media, Inspired Media 360 Join Forces To Create ‘Frontdoors TV’ to Cover Non-Profit CommunityPosted 1 week ago
- At 82, He Literally Herds Cats (and Saves Nonprofit Thousands)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Helped When Homeless by Save the Family, She Now Sits on its BoardPosted 3 weeks ago
- Nash Foundation Supports Early Childhood Education with $10,000 Matching ChallengePosted 4 weeks ago
- When the arts thrive, our community thrivesPosted 4 weeks ago
- Cover Story: Pilots and PlateletsPosted 4 weeks ago
Donate a Prom Dress
The East Valley Women’s League (EVWL) will be collecting new and gently-used prom dresses and accessories from Feb. 1-28 to be given away for free in March and April to Arizona high school juniors and seniors during the “Cinderella Affair.”
Dropoff locations can be found on the website, www.cinderellaaffair.org. Accessories including shoes, evening bags and costume jewelry also are accepted, and Cinderella Affair organizers are in particular need of larger-sized dresses.
This year, the dresses will be given away on five consecutive Saturdays in March and April at the EVWL’s new permanent location at 411 N. McKemy in Chandler.
Giveaways are planned from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, March 21, March 28, April 4, April 11 and April 18. Last year, nearly 1,300 dresses were given away to students from throughout the Valley and around the state.
“East Valley Women’s League members have as much fun giving the dresses away and spending time with the students as the students do going through the racks of dresses and trying on shoes,” said EVWL President Kathy Harris. “With our new location, we’re able to expand the days we give dresses away which means even more students from around the state will have the chance to visit and enjoy this incredible shopping experience.”
Since the Cinderella Affair first launched in 2002, more than 8,000 dresses have been given away. The event also has provided dresses to exchange students from the Tempe Sister cities program, clients of Hacienda de Los Angeles and young ladies participating in the Miss Champion Pageant.
OPEN THE FRONT DOOR TO East Valley Women’s League