- Free Tickets Available To See PJ Masks At Phoenix Famtastical FestivalPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Dept. Of Housing Honors First Place AZ With 2019 Housing Hero AwardPosted 3 days ago
- ‘Kinky Boots,’ A Joyful Musical About Finding Your Footing, Comes To The Phoenix Theatre CompanyPosted 3 days ago
- Arizona Couple Asks For Donations for Cancer Charity Instead of Wedding GiftsPosted 3 days ago
- Kids Heart Challenge Awards Grants To Elementary SchoolsPosted 1 week ago
- Diamondbacks Players Raise Funds and Awareness Through Fantasy Football Draft EventPosted 1 week ago
The Meal Battle
Did you know it takes 31 muscles and 6 cranial nerves to swallow? Although it’s something people do everyday without thought, it can be a struggle for the parents of infants.
The traumatic birth of Shannon Goldwater’s triplets was a “turning point” which motivated her to create change. Her dream of healthy triplets quickly shattered when she gave birth at 25 weeks gestation. The triples overcame life-threatening infections and countess surgeries, but feeding and nourishing them adequately became the biggest challenge. Shannon had nowhere to turn, no information, and no support.
In hopes to change the course of her children’s lives and the nearly million others that have and will come after them, she created a nonprofit organization called Feeding Matters; an organization that is considered a primary resource center for families whose children struggle to eat and for the medical professionals who care for them. It is for this reason that Shannon Goldwater was selected as one of the Phoenix Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 – Class of 2013.
OPEN THE FRONT DOOR TO Feeding Matters