- Phoenix Rescue Mission seeks 1,500 Easter Baskets for Easter Community CelebrationPosted 4 hours ago
- FirstBank Employees Go Undercover as Servers & Pay for Dozens of Diners in “Give it Forward” CampaignPosted 1 day ago
- Red Cross Honors Four Phoenix Residents for Outstanding Volunteer WorkPosted 1 day ago
- Largest Easter Egg Hunt in South Phoenix to be Hosted by Salvation Army Kroc CenterPosted 5 days ago
- Two Pups Wellness Fund Launches ‘Grown Pups for Grown Ups’ ProgramPosted 6 days ago
- Fiesta Bowl Announces Volunteer of the Year Award WinnersPosted 1 week ago
Lost culinary treasure debuts in Arizona.
Arizona will be the first state to welcome America’s newest superfruit, the ancient Incan Pichuberry, which is set to hit the Whole Food’s shelves by May 1, 2013.
Arizonans can discover the health-boosting super powers of the fruit in Pichuberry Infusion Juice. Some of the benefits consumers can expect from the fruit juice are:
- The superfruit is rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, and phenols
- Pichuberries contains withanolides, a special group of antioxidants shown to suppress carcinogens and reduce oxidative stress
- Pichuberry Infusion Juice is high in protein—4 grams per 16 ounce bottle—and heart-healthy fatty acids
- With a remarkably low glycemic index of 39 (compared to a GI of 50 for blueberries and 53 for the pomegranate) and no added sugars, Pichuberry Infusion Juice is a diabetes- and weight-loss friendly drink.