- John Graham and Colleen Jennings-Roggensack Named Valley Leadership’s Man & Woman of the YearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Fuel of the Nonprofit CommunityPosted 3 weeks ago
- Cool to Be KindPosted 3 weeks ago
- Office Doors: Rita Brock-PeriniPosted 3 weeks ago
- 10 Questions with Mike NealyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rare Works by Henri Matisse on Display at the Heard Museum Beginning October 29Posted 4 weeks ago
The Salty Cook
Go Lb. Salt knows their sodium chloride. This local company in its 3rd year of business is sharing their love of salty goodness with fans across the Valley as they launch a series of salt education classes ranging from Makin’ Bacon, BYO Beef (Meat Aging), Cooking with Saltware, Sea Salt Tasting & Pairing and the Joy of Truffle Salt. Classes will be held at My AZ Kitchen in Gilbert and begins with sea salt tasting & pairing on March 29.
The company is offering a special discount for early registration for the BYO Beef, Makin’ Bacon and Saltware Classes now through March 28. Interested participants should enter code SALT at checkout during the registration process. A full lineup of the classes is available.
“Chitchen Kemistry” Series:
- Sea Salt Tasting & Pairing $45, March 29 or June 20 (single session): This course will acquaint you with the most overlooked and misunderstood element in the kitchen – salt. Learning both theory and practice when it comes to using salt in food preparation and why the idea that salt is salt is salt is so wrong!
- BYO Beef, $110, April 18, May 2 & May 15 (3-session class): This course will take you through both the theory and actual process of dry aging your own beef at home.
- Makin’ Bacon, $110, April 25 & May 9 (2-session class): This course will take you through the theory and actual process of curing your own bacon at home.
- Saltware, $110, May 23 (single session): This course will take you through the theory and actual process of cooking on the Himalayan salt block.
- Joy of Black Truffle Salt, $50, June 6 (single session): This course will take you through the various types of truffles, the science behind the phenomenal flavor components of truffles, their growth & harvest as well as their culinary uses.
OPEN THE FRONT DOOR TO go lb salt