- For Larry Fitzgerald, the Apple (of Giving) Doesn’t Fall Far From the TreePosted 11 hours ago
- United Way takes scavenger hunt to streets of downtown PhoenixPosted 3 days ago
- Zuill Bailey Returns to Mesa Arts Center as an Exuberant Grammy WinnerPosted 5 days ago
- Woof Woof Woof! Arsenio Hall Takes Stage at Talking StickPosted 6 days ago
- Fundraiser for Big Brothers, Big Sisters Focuses on Importance of MentoringPosted 6 days ago
- ‘Walk With Me’ Family Event To Benefit Children With DisabilitiesPosted 6 days ago
Sun Health President Elected to CCA
Sun Health President and Chief Executive Officer Ron Guziak is one of 10 new members recently elected to Care Continuum Alliance’s (CCA) 2013-14 board of directors. Guziak was elected during a business meeting at the CCA Forum 2013, the association’s national meeting, held Oct. 23-25 in Scottsdale.
CCA is the leading advocate for population health management and wellness. The care continuum includes wellness and health promotion, prevention, care coordination and patient advocacy, condition management and complex case management. CCA promotes the role of these and other strategies in raising care quality, improving health outcomes and reducing preventable health care costs for individuals with or at risk of chronic disease.
Guziak was cited for bringing “…an entrepreneur’s sprit to Sun Health, believing the best business practices must be applied to achieve strategic outcomes,” according to CCA’s official announcement.
Guziak joins a board of top executives from Accenture, Accountable Health, Alere, ASAP Brazil, HealthFitness, ICA, Noridian, Silverlink and Viridian. Fred Goldstein, the association’s president for accountable care, was approved as chairman.
Sun Health’s Care Transitions program also received a second consecutive “Outstanding Leadership in Population Health Award” from CCA during the national meeting.
Sun Health CEO Named to CCA Board of Directors
• Philanthropy for local health care, community health programs and senior living,
• Independent senior living campus life at The Colonnade, Grandview Terrace and La Loma Village
• Community Health Programs: Sun Health Care Transitions, Sun Health Medication Management, Sun Health Memory Care Navigator, Sun Health Center for Health & Wellbeing, and Sun Health Community Education.